Sunday, March 4, 2012

My new small business: Gail's Health

Since my bone scan last week, I have been felling pretty good. I had my blood tested last Wednesday with good results, back to normal, which means my body has recovered from the chemo and all is back in order. I have not heard any results from the CT scan or the bone scan yet. I meet with my Doctor Wednesday for all of my results and anything new. I will also get my 4th chemo treatment that day. As far as I know I am scheduled for 2 more after that.
I am feeling pretty mentally strong since, after hearing the three most feared words from my Doctor, ...Cancer, incurable, and stage 4. In a strange way it gives me a type of power I can't explain, it is almost like this is as bad as it gets and you go into a take the bull by the horns and prepare for battle.
I will not have the big fear most cancer survivors have is that it comes back. I will always have it until a cure comes along. I will be trying clinical trials to work on the tumors on my bones later on. Somethings that I share, are just my personal feeling while dealing with all of this, it is hard to relate unless you are in my shoes. I would say 98% of the time I am positive. Yes I wish I could go back to the life I had before this, but I am hoping to be almost the same, except I have started another small business called "Gail's health". Its a bit different than running  Topiaries. It consists of Dr. appts, keeping up on doctor bills, and instead of meeting new clients I meet people that are running the same business, which is of great comfort. I have also attached a link about lime juice and lung cancer. I have been drinking about a 1/3 of a cup or more a day. I pour it in my water all day and add a natural sweetener. I believe it has helped my breathing and is also good for your immune system, which becomes compromised after chemo.
Lime juice and lung cancer

No one can go back and make a brand-new start, but anyone can start now and make a brand new ending.
Thank you Lord for wanting me to turn to you first and for working in ways beyond my scope of understanding. You are able to do immeasurably more than anything I can ask or imagine.

1 comment:

  1. You are WonderGirl- your fight to the healthy line is so inspiring to me. My cousin was just diagnosed with cancer in his bones, and liver among other places. I will share your site with him on Facebook. Thank you for being such a positive influence on all of us. You exude beauty, talent, and bravery in the squashing if THE BUG.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and well wishes, it means so much to me!