Thursday, January 12, 2012

Update after Jan. 12 blood work

Courage is not the towering oak that
sees storms come and go;
            It is the fragile blossom
                        that opens in the snow.

                                                                                                                        a card sent by my friend Maddy..

Ok here is where I am....
I have not been working do to the constant coughing I have endured since Sept.. I have been resting and eating. Some very small good things due to the bug are, I have lost weight so I now must gain weight, REALLY who would have thought....and I am working on my 6 pack due to coughing its like doing a hundred sit ups a day and no fat to cover the muscle. 
I went in for my blood work yesterday, which needs to be checked between treatments to make all of your blood counts are good. All of mine checked out good. While I was there I talked to the nurse about my coughing and breathing problems, (which all along everyone had said I would have to live with until there is some shrinkage of the tumor) they prescribed a new cough medicine which knocked me out for about 15 hours but gave my lungs a rest. I also went for a chest x-ray to check for anything that might be brewing in there. I am hoping to work for a bit tomorrow.

P.S. Please try posting again, Megan has made it easier to leave comments.
Thanks for your love and prayers! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. A respite from coughing must have been good, even if you were out for 15 hours. I have a book to share with you, COURAGE DOESN'T ALWAYS ROAR. Try to appreciate the small victories.

    Bev Ambrose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev! Thanks for mentioning that book...you know I had to look it up. As I read, "Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes courage is the quite voice", I imagine there are a lot of us that would like to see this book.

      http://www.amazon.com/Courage-Doesnt-Always-Roar-Radmacher/dp/1573244104

      Love you, glad that we have been reconnected!
      Megan

      Delete
  2. Fragile blossom...the symbolism is perfect for you.  That quote brings to mind such strong mental imagery from Steel Magnolias to dainty little pansies that work their magic every winter storm, frost, and snow.  

    I seem to remember you working magic and miracles with flowers that would break or bruise if looked at the wrong way. Heaven forbid that poor little flower that came in too tight or unopened for a wedding.  You taught me how to slowly pry open a white calla without bruising it.  White roses and their little sensitive petals knew to not even dare to crease or bruise when we were done with them.  You have that strength, courage, and even patience, etched in your bones, Gail.  You know how to create the magic, you knew how to share it.  

    It's part of your character.

    Love you!
    Megs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and well wishes, it means so much to me!