Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Last radiation

Last day of my 3weeks of radiation!

I have been really tired, sleeping, a doing a lot of cooking and eating trying to keep my weight up.  That is one perk, I love to eat.  Effects from the treatments have been fatigue, some headaches, and burns on the skin, not too bad, but they do tell me the effects get worse after the treatment is over, hopefully not. The effects of the Chemo pill I am on every day are not too bad, pimples and rash all over my face, small price to pay for it to be working.
Hair today, gone tomorrow
I look at it as becoming GI Jane preparing for battle!!


There is a USA Today magazine on stands now:
CANCER
PREVENT-CONQUER-HEAL
I suggest everyone to pick it up and start learning how we are all being affected by the bug.
The numbers are staggering.
 
Lung: new 226,160
           deaths 160,340 

Breast: new 226,870 women
                      2,190 men              
              deaths 39,510     
  
Melanomas: new 76,250                  
                      deaths 9,180                

Prostate: new 241,740
                 deaths 28,170
  
 Bladder: new 73,510  
                deaths 14,880  
       
Kidney: new 64,770                         
 & renal deaths 13,570 
                                      
Colon rectum: new 143,460                 
                        deaths 51,690

Non-Hodgkin: new 70,130                   
lymphoma       deaths 18,940

Pancreas: new 43,920                          
                deaths 37,390                        
  
Leukemia: new 47,150
                 deaths 23,540

 Oral cavity: new 40,250
 & pharynx deaths 7850




New Orleans Jazz Fest!

Normally I would be packing for my 5th annual 5 day trip to
 

NOLA

Van the Man
Best food, music, friends, and family!
Next Year!



Thanks for all the prayers, support, and love!
It takes a team to fight.
Love, Gail



2 comments:

  1. Hey Gale, I know all of this bug killing is hard on your body, but just wanted you to know you are still beautiful inside and out! I would love to plan to go with you next year to the Jazz fest. So count me in! Love ya, C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great the more the merrier. You have been a wonderful support a friend through all of this. Our fathers are smiling in heaven! Love Gail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and well wishes, it means so much to me!