Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chemo and Radiation

Sunday April 22

I have had 7 Radiation treatments so far. I am also on the chemo pill tarcevia (5 days so far).
The side effects from the radiation have not hit yet, they say after about 2 weeks. I am trying to use visuals to squash the bugs, when the blue beam hits the brain area I think of a bug zapper can't you just hear it frying! When the red beam is on my lung I think of a blow torch. I way I feel about this whole thing is it like a constant war trying to take over my body, Well I want to keep my body so I am keeping my fighters strong, rested, well feed, with healthy nutrients.
The side effects from the radiation has not really hit yet, after about two weeks.  I am trying to get work caught up etc, so I can rest later, because my blood counts will be low and very tired. Some of the small side effects from the pill have started, pimples...where... not stomach, not arms or legs....my face!! This is bug is going to strip me of all outer beauty and then if my worthy battle wins, I will get the outer beauty back, but a will not care about it anymore. This will be a life changing experience in all ways for the better.

I had great energy last week so I used it to get order filled and redisplay the store, which is what I love to do. Great therapy.



This weekend my nephew and wife came down from to visit from DC. It was a beautiful day 80s sunny. We started with lunch outside a Taste, then hung out at the beach for a while, Keith had to take dip...burr! Then stopped to pick up a dresser for the babies room, that was mine when I was a little girl and my sons Chris's too. Then to Trader Joe's for cookout food, oh yeah we had to stop and get frozen yogurt so we wouldn't shop hungry. Then Mom made her famous potato salad! Beautiful day in more ways then one!!

Love, hope and prayers.

 If you would like to honor a loved one or someone fighting now or a survivor.

2 comments:

  1. Gail,

    Your strength ability to stay focused is wonderful and that strength and ability can only come from God. I am thankful for your Faith and your willingness to accept God's will for your life, all the while, fighting for your life with all your strength. God is building such great character in your life and that character that He builds in us is what we are remembered for.
    Thank you for sharing your trials and struggles so vulnerably and openly to us. Your character and love for Christ is showing through and it is very inspirational.
    I love you and we are praying for you every day!

    Love, Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail I work at an assisted living facialty and I want to tell you about a resident that I work with. She has delt with 3 terminal cancers and has beat them all. Just know that you will too. This resident is 99 years old. What a gem you would love her she seems to be just like you. Very Beautiful and such a God send!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and well wishes, it means so much to me!