Thursday, January 19, 2012

Name that bug

The latest on living with the bug..
..thinking about giving it a name..what do you think?

    I went to get my blood work checked yesterday for a check of my last x-ray and general meeting to talk over things. My x-ray was good and he said my blood work was GREAT.
Which means my body is handling the effects from the chemo well.
All the doctors though this have said, you will do well you are healthy and young!!! I haven't heard young so many times, since I am 54...(another upside to the bug)
My next chemo is Wed. and we will be adding calcium shots to help keep my bones strong. I am feeling very positive and pretty well now that my cough is much less often.
I am thinking..young, healthy,  I can fight this with all my strength, and yet go through my days as if The bug does not exist.

Please add to your prayers a new special friend I met in the chemo lounge, her name is Liz she has a tough fight and needs lots of prayers to stand strong against her bug.

xoxo love from Gail

5 comments:

  1. Yes, you are young and healthy!! You will squash that bug!! So happy your cough is better!! Its working!! You are doing GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVE the idea of naming it....your tumor needs to become friends with my ex-tumor, Fred, and go wherever tumors go when they're no longer needed. Are you going to have a Name The Bug Contest? I'll research blog polls...something new we can discover in blog-world. Who knew?!? And, wow, fantastic upside of The Bug...You. Are. So. Young! LOVE IT!!

    Good news, I'm out of town for the weekend, so you get a break from rib-cracking-cough-laughter. ;-D

    Love ya, buddy! To echo Gwen's post up above, you are doing GREAT!!
    Megs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep trying until I get this right--maybe Megan should set up a remedial "blog comment" class. So glad to hear your positive news. Great start to your weekend, Young One!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you a lot! Glad to see that you have been back in the shop doing your magic! Can't seem to figure out how to comment, so I am listed as "Anonymous" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, the Anonymous comment is from Sandy Paxson LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and well wishes, it means so much to me!